.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Pressies are such a nice thing!

Along with most everyone I talk to, I've been battling a horrid cold for the last few days. Therefore, recent presents have really perked me up.

First there was the alpaca/silk yarn I mentioned in my last post. dreamcatcher, I think I may make a pair of mittens out of them but I'm not 100% decided yet. What types of projects have you considered with your Debbie Bliss?


If you haven't seen the lovely bags that trekcelt has been making, you should go take a peek. She's quite talented.


I'm not just saying that from the pictures because look what found its way into my mailbox today! Isn't that fabric too cute? I absolutely love it and the Welsh Green sock went right in. Thank you, so very much, trek!

Speaking of the WGD socks, I'm about 3 rounds from starting the heel flap. As long as there are no unforeseen occurances, I should have the heel turned by the end of the weekend, as I had hoped. Oh, I can't wait until I can try it on and see how it turns out!


While I was working on the sock and awaiting the running of the Kentucky Derby (my mom, aunt and I did a pool together. I won!), Blaze was engaged in more important activities, like trying to catch that rogue bit of blue yarn in the corner.

2 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Cute sock bag!

Re the DB alpaca-silk - I'm thinking about a hat or some long fingerless gloves (Ysolda's opera gloves were originally made in the same yarn).

12:27 PM  
Blogger trek said...

You're welcome - the prize package you sent me was just so cool that I had to send a little something in return as a thank you. I'm making larger sized ones now (square bottoms) for swapping!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home