.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Murcus' Socks are done!


I have to say that I am pleased with how they turned out. The colors blend so nicely and really give the impression of light playing on the water. The only change I would have made might be to have picked the stranded pattern up on the back of the leg sooner. I left it in plain knit for a couple inches above the heel turn just in case I wanted to wear them with closed shoes- I was worried the stranding would be too thick and rub. Oh, and I would have picked up a stitch in the gap when starting the round after the heel so I wouldn't have little holes to close. Other than that, I have no complaints about them. I'll probably pick up more of this yarn, as it's pretty affordable and seems to breathe nicely in warmer weather.

Now that they are done, I can turn my attention to the lonely, abandoned Welsh Green sock. I'm determined to get at least as far as the heel turn this weekend on it. I'd like to start the second one sometime next week.


And, look at this incredibly yummy yarn I got from Trish. It's by Diamond Yarn and called "Natal". The blend is 75% baby alpaca, 18%silk and 7% polamide. *squishy* I think I may make a pair of cozy mittens out of this. Thank you, again, dear.

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Cool socks! Love the alpaca-silk - I have a couple of balls of the Debbie Bliss version and they are sooooo soft :-) What are you thinking of making with it?

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home