.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Goodie time!

I've been rather absent from Blogland this past week due to a nasty head cold. With my head so stuffed up there wasn't any room for brilliant posts I guess. I'm feeling fully recovered now, though. It must have known that my birthday was around the corner and given up as a gift to me. ;)

Since today is my birthday that means that you all get the presents! There were quite a few entries. I must not have chosen a difficult enough question for you all!

I broke out my trusty random number generator and came up with two names.

Receiving the Rose Garden yarn, purple bear and candy is... Heide!

The Trail yarn, yellow bear and candy will be heading out to Shannon's house!

Congratulations to you both! I hope you enjoy your prizes.

As I said, there were a lot of entries and I hated that I didn't have a package for each of you, so I am sending everyone who entered this week a set of stitch markers. I have your e-mails and will be contacting you in the next day or so.

I have had such a wonderful time during the last month with this contest. Some of you have been commenting all along and I've known you for a while. Many of you are new names and I hope will become new friends. Each week my family would ask where I was sending a package to and they marvelled over how small the world has become. It's a lovely thought, especially for me today, with a family who is far-flung. Through common interests and shared experiences, we are able to create a global family. And that is what celebrations like this are supposed to be about.

7 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear fellow knitter, blogger & general cool person, happy birthday to you! Thank you very much for the contest and I'm excited to see the yarn, bear etc. Blogging is indeed a wonderful thing.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Heather O said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you're feeling better -- I've missed your posts. :)

11:03 AM  
Blogger trek said...

Happ B-Day, Erin!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Ohhhh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! A fellow May baby :) I hope it is a spectacular one! and Hey!! !the sun is out :) YAYAYAYAY

1:58 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so sorry I missed you on the actual day, I'm trying out Blogarithm and it only emails once a day, back to Bloglines I think :-)

Glad to hear your cold has gone in time for your birthday. Thanks again for running the contest, it was lovely. The internet really does make the world a smaller place :-)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy B-day!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are realy great!
Yarn

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home