.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Another Tuesday is here

And, this month, that can only mean one thing. Time to announce this week's winner and show the prizes for the final contest.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has entered so far. To tell the truth, since I am such a little blog, I was worried that no one would show up. Instead, there has been a lovely turnout each week and I've made a few new friends, which is always such a wonderful thing.

Enough of the mush. You'll be getting a lot more of that next week. ;) On to the fun stuff!

As before, I used a random number generator to determine the winner of this week's prize. And that person is... dreamcatcher! Congratulations. The yarn, sweets and stuffy will be heading your way.

Now for the new prizes. As I stated after the first week, everyone is again eligible for the drawing, even if you won earlier in the month. Because of that, and because this will be the Grand Finale, the rules are changing slightly. You need to answer a trivia question. I'll put all correct answers into a random number generator and award two winners next week on my birthday.

Ready for the question? Since this blog is called Molly's Needles, I thought I'd have a question about the original Knitting Molly. Here it is: Molly Weasley had two brothers. What were their names and what happened to them? Email your answer to mollyblogcontest at gmail dot com by 6PM EST Saturday. The winners will be announced next Tuesday.

I suppose you'd like to know what you are trying to win, wouldn't you? Well, here are the prizes (apologies for the slightly dark photos):


This lot contains 6 skeins of Knit Picks' Gossamer yarn in the Rose Garden colorway. That's 2,640 yards of laceweight. Enough to do a couple triangles or stoles or one big square. However you choose to knit it is up to you. There's also a little purple-flowered teddy and some truffles. You know I wouldn't deny you all your chocolate, right? I'll also include a set of 6 stitch markers.


Here's the second prize. Another 6 skeins of Gossamer, this time in Trail. A flowered bear, more chocolate and a set of stitch markers.

I hope to see your entries soon. I've had quite a lot of fun giving away these packages over the last few weeks. I hope you've enjoyed it, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger trek said...

Great question!

(And of course I knwe the answer)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

That was a fun bit of trivia. Harry Potter is great and ironically, I have always identified myself with Mrs. Weasley the most out of all of J.K. Rowling's characters. She knits, worries obsessively, her house is never quite neat, her family never seems to get ahead financially,but her children are still always well-cared for and well-fed. And lest we mention the knitting obsession? I know that Hermione took up knitting house elf hats, but I just can't relate to her. Cheers!

12:00 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Yay! Looking forward to the package very much, thank you :-)

What amazing prizes you have for the final week too. I'm ashamed to admit I don't know the answer to the trivia question off the top of my head! *hides head in hands* LOL

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Lacie Hawkins said...

My friends and I really liked this article. It was very descriptive and worked out just like you said. Have you been to Wacanai.com(http://www.wacanai.com/intro). They have a bunch of articles on there. You can link your webpage to it so it drives traffic to your website to. They also give you a list of articles that have something in common with yours so you can get some new ideas.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home