.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekend goodies

I stopped into my LYS Friday afternoon to see what was new and walked out with all sorts of yummy yarns.

Two new skeins of sock yarn- Fortissimo Colori in what looks to be a white ground with primary dashes of color. Should look fun when it's knitted up and a skein of Austermann Step in varigated greens with a bit of cranberry here and there. This was new to the shop and is so soft; apparently it aloe vera and jojoba oil in it. As soon as I finish the two pair I'm currently working on I'm going to start that.

The Bamboo Sock will be finished tonight. Just have the toe and heel to do. Yay for fast socks! Then I'll cast on for the second Purple People Eater Sock and hope to have that done by mid-week.

The other yarn I got Friday was 3 skeins of Cascade Sierra Quattro in a lovely pastel blend of pink, green and yellow. Very springlike and cheerful. What am I using it for? Well, I'm finally breaking down and making Clapotis. I know everyone and their brother has already made this, but I was much inspired by dreamcatcher's gorgeous version. I've knitted on it over the weekend and have almost completed the increase section. I'm rather suprised by how quickly it goes.

No pictures today although I will have some of the finished Bamboo Socks tomorrow as well as a suprise for you all tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Can't wait to see your Clapotis, the yarn sounds gorgeous.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home