.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Two pair, two socks

If you take a peek at my sidebar you'll notice that I have two pair of socks going. Would it make sense to complete one pair at a time? Of course. Do I always make sense? Not usually. So, here are the first halves of my new socks. Oh, and please pardon my pale leg. The flash washed it out a bit but it also hasn't seen the sun since last summer!


This is one of the Bamboo Socks. It is knit from Jawoll Superwash in Charcoal on US2 needles. I sort of cobbled together Kathryn's Universal Sock Pattern with The Knitting Fiend's Peasant Heel. The stitch on the leg is the Bamboo Stitch from my 365 Knitting Stitches perpetual calendar, modified to be worked in the round. It was super-easy. As I said before, I had knit this up but the foot didn't fit quite right, which was due to a slight miscalculation on how much length would be taken by the heel. I recalculated and am very happy with the snug-but-not-tight fit I now have.


Here is a shot of a Purple People Eater Sock. I used the same patterns and needles for this sock but knit it from Lorna's Laces Purple Club. The stitch is sort of the same as on the Bamboo Sock. However, I alternated the pattern stitch with a round of eyelets. It made it a bit more open and lacy. This sock had also been previously knit. I was making the Slouch Sock from Socks, Socks, Socks but the color pooled horribly. Part of my reason for wanting an open stitch on this was to try and prevent the pooling. I think it succeeded.


I might be happy with the results, and am looking forward to the finished pair (although this currently makes a nice set of Dobby socks), Blaze was not overly impressed.

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Yes I think Dobby would approve of your socks just as they are. Nice work indeed!

Good to see a photo of the lord and master, looking as you say very unimpressed!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home