.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Squid Socks?


I began working on what I thought would be my Swedish Short Snout Socks (4S for short?) but the yarn has a touch too much green and purplish-blue to work. It really looks more like water to me. I'll have to go hunting for something else.

I did feel like keeping to a HP theme for them so I am doing a simple stranded stitch and call them Squid Socks. Yeah, I know the giant squid doesn't wear socks but work with me here, folks.

3 Comments:

Blogger trek said...

They remind me of the Mermaid Chieftainess! But Squid Socks works for me too. It is a great colorway.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Heather O said...

That is the same yarn as mine! I keep looking at it and thinking that yes, it is in fact more "mermaid" (or "squid") than Swedish Snort Snout. I think I'll have to make a new SSN pair, especially since the original SSNs are also Sockapaloooza socks and will be sent away. :)

11:45 PM  
Blogger J. said...

The giant squid DOES wear socks. Have you picked up a Giant Squid Digest in the past six months? Geez?

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home