.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A sock and a quarter?


I finished the first Murcus' Sock today. I really played around with the pattern as far as how high to make it and what kind of cuff- I had toyed with the idea of making a picot edge but decided on a simple rib. I love the colors and am so happy to have a cotton blend sock to wear now that it's getting warmer. There is a slight gap where I finished the heel and started on the leg. Nothing that won't be easily fixed. Now on to the second sock!


I also did some work on the Common Welsh Green sock. I'm through 1 1/2 repeats of the first chart. Now that I have some more of the pattern showing, I think it will be fine. I was a bit worried that the yarn would obscure the pattern.

Tonight I'll probably do another repeat of Clapotis. I've reached the point where I've dropped three ladders. Even though I know what's supposed to happen it's always a bit nervous to drop that stitch, don't you think? I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. The yarn doesn't form a specific pattern across the piece. It's more of a mottled effect. I guess this is because each ply is a different color and it depends on how the yarn twists as you make each stitch. I've tried taking a few pictures of it but I think it would be best outside in the sun. I'll try to get a shot over the next couple of days.

3 Comments:

Blogger trek said...

I really am going to have to try the Pot-Sock eventually. Maybe when the second Arizona Lace is done.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Heather O said...

The Murcus' sock looks great, love that yarn! The Common Welsh Green is so pretty - isn't it a fun pattern once you get the hang of it? :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Pretty socks!

I think the best bit about Clapotis is getting to drop those stitches :-) Looking forward to a photo.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home