.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Sing along with me!

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater.
(one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed one-horned, flyin' puple people eater
Sure looks stange to me. (one eye?)



Yup. The Purple People Eater Socks are done. Here they are in all their purple glory. The striping isn't exact but it's pretty darn close, so I'm even more pleased on that score.

This, of course, means that I have free needles. I want to start working on some GoF Dragon Socks. I have the green Step yarn that I plan to use for Common Welsh Green and some Sockotta in a blue/green varigated that will suit the Swedish Short Snout. Last night I cast on the Step using the infamous Pomatomus pattern. We'll see how that works. Definitely a 'stay at home' project.

Also, just a reminder to get your email in if you haven't already for week one of the birthday contests. You have until 6PM EST tomorrow (Saturday). I'll announce the winner on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather O said...

Can't wait to see the Purple People Eater socks!

Yay for Dragon Socks -- I'll be watching to see them! :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger trek said...

Can't wait to see the P-Socks!

2:32 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Love the purple socks! I see what you mean re the 4S socks, definitely more watery than dragon-y :-) I'm sure the squid would *love* some socks though ....

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home