.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

One sock down...sort of

I finished the first of my Bamboo Socks last night. However, I think I'm going to rip a bit back and redo some. I just came across The Knitting Fiend's Peasant Heel tutorial, which is a bit more like what I want for my heel. It's also a touch long once the toe was completed. Rather than just redo the heel and have a slightly big sock for one foot I'd rather have two well-fitting socks. If you're going to make them yourself they might as well fit, right?

I also ripped out the wonky cable sock I had made my father. The best I can figure is that I put it down and when I picked it up again, started the cable pattern in the wrong place so it pulled in too much in one spot. Of course, that would be up at the top of the leg so the whole thing had to come out. At least that shouldn't take long because they were knit on US8 and US5 for the cuff. Then I can send them back down to Dad. He may actually get a bit of wear out of them yet because it can still get chilly where he is. If not, he'll be all set for next year. The moral of that story is to always look at what you're doing so you can catch mistakes before they get too well-established.

To continue with socks, I plan to go to the LYS this week to look for summer weight sock yarn (something with a cotton blend). I have a bit more sock yarn in stash but it's Jawoll Superwash and Wildfoote yarn. Great stuff but a bit too much wool for warmer weather. Hopefully the store will have something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home