.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Musings on Project Monogamy

I can't do it. I really tried but I can't. Maybe it is the warmer weather and knowing that I won't really be able to wear my Quidditch Sweater until Fall, but I've been seduced by other things.

One is a pair of socks. I'm using Kathryn's Universal Pattern to make what I call "Bamboo Socks". Super simple stitch pattern from my '365 Knit Stitches' calendar. I'm only working it on the leg because it might be a bit too bulky in shoes but it looks great. I've gone past the heel area (doing an afterthought heel on these) and am about 1/3 of the way down the foot.

Also, I've finished the purple raglan sweater for my cousin's daughter's Babe. It came out nicely and I want to do a twinset of a tank dress and cardi next. Along with a simple skirt that will give her several outfits. She's going to send me a picture of the doll this week, so once I have it I'll upload it along with the wardrobe. Melissa, you mentioned wanting to make one. They go very quickly and easily. I would suggest making it in the round. I did one flat but think the seams take a bit too much stress. The second doll is standing up to the affections of a two year-old quite nicely. :)

So, based on this, I think I am not meant to make one project at a time and see it through to the finish before starting something else. I admire those who have such determination but I guess I am just too random and easily distracted by new, shiny things to stay the course.

Now if you'll excuse me, I hear some lovely sock yarn or maybe the beginnings of a shawl calling to me. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Somehow I don't think you're alone on this :-) I have 2 things OTN but am itching to start other things too. Having to be very mean with myself and finish what I started!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home