.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

How dumb can I get?

After looking at the yarn some more and reading trek and Heather's comments, I agree that this looks more 'merpeople-ish' than 'squidish', so I'm renaming these Murcus' Socks. Thanks for your input you two. :)

And I have had a lot of chance to look at the yarn. When I picked it up last night as a break from the Welsh Green socks (almost through one repeat of Chart A. Yes, I'm going quite slowly because it would break my heart to have to rip this one back!) I noticed that I had done the boneheaded thing of continuing the stranding across the bottom of the foot. I blame it on my habit of doing cuff-down socks so much. I ripped. Got it back on track and saw that I had messed up when picking up the stitches. Well, I need practice with the short-row toes anyway. Pulled it completely out and started all over. It is now back to where you saw it yesterday.

And these were supposed to be my 'easy' socks!

I've been checking out the colors of STR and have fallen in love with Blue Moon Rock as a possible SSS. Rocky Horror or Tigers Eye have also caught my fancy. Well, that needs to wait until I'm at least close to being done with the Welsh Green socks. Did I mention how lovely that yarn is to work with? I just can't wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger trek said...

I'm so honored! :o)
They really are merpeople-ish.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Heather O said...

It seems like my "easy" socks always seem to end up being the most pesky ones. Why is that I wonder? ;)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home