.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Halfway

I finished the first sock last night. I'm sure I'm not saying anything new when I say that you should have very good light when trying to pick up stitches. Especially when the yarn is dark and patterned. I forgot to heed that rule and ended up frogging the entire thing. Well, as I said, the foot was a bit too long so it isn't a complete disaster but it does hurt to rip out a perfectly good piece of knitting. As Margene would say, it is the process.

Needless to say, I did very little yesterday but knit. It was enjoyable, though. I had picked up The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe the night before (in fact, the frogging took place while I watched the extras disc), and I had some lovely decaf Vanilla Chai to sip. The Lord and Master of the House checked in from time to time, and as he didn't attempt to pull the yarn away to play with, must have approved of my work. The heel was finished at 10PM last night. I just need to snug up the spot where the yarn was attached and I'll take a picture of it. I'm pretty happy with it and can't wait to finish the pair.

Beyond that, I think I am finally adjusted to the time change. It's funny to think that one hour in the middle of the night can throw you off for so long but from what other people I've talked to are saying, that seems to be the case. Of course, I fail to see the need for Daylight Savings Time any longer. It seems to be a dinosaur that has outlived its usefulness.

This weekend I will be taking it easy, finishing my Bamboo Socks, possibly my father's cable sock and maybe even the (gasp!) Quidditch Sweater. Another viewing of LWW may occur as well as Goblet of Fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home