.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, April 14, 2006

And the socks keep coming

Well, parts of them, anyway. The second Bamboo Sock is progressing quite nicely. Funny how a pattern stitch can make the work seem to go quicker than the acres of stockinette.

I started my dad's sock, which has a cuff done on US5, but when I went to switch to the US8s, I could only find 4 of the needles. These had gone a-travelling with me and the bag did tip at some point so I fear it is lost. Well, I have to go to the LYS tonight for some other stuff so I guess I'll grab another set. I just have an aversion to working with 4 needles for some reason.

I also have finished the little tank dress for Dolly. I'm about to start the matching cardigan and then I'll post a picture of all the outfits. If I say so myself, they aren't that bad for coming up with the patterns myself.

Thanks for the praise of my socks, dreamcatcher. I really would like to do a Dobby-ish pair at some point, maybe use up all the odds and ends of sock yarn. Personally, I think he's on to something. I mean, who said that socks have to match? ;)

One more thing to look forward to, coming early next week there will be some fun and exciting (I hope) things posted here. Keep an eye out for it.

Have a happy weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home