.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Knitted Babe

The doll is seamed, stuffed and has a face. I'm just finishing the hair and then I'll post a picture of her. I just wanted to make a few observations for the next time I make one.

While it was rather quick to knit I think I'll do future bodies in the round. Especially if I'm giving it to a little one. The fewer seams that can come apart, the better.

Light worsted is the best bet for hair. I had to scrap the purple hair (which would have been lovely!) because I didn't have enough scrap left over, but I think the Homespun would have pulled the stitches too much. However, making up bundles of yarn and attaching them might work (which is how the book suggests). Even though it takes much longer, I like the look of fringing the hair all over the back of the head.

I"m hoping to have a dress for her tonight. The poor little thing is liable to catch cold otherwise. Oh, and I suppose she needs a name, too. I'm thinking Anna Lee. The yarn I'm using for her hair is Paton's Classic Merino Wool in a nice red. I think it's called Rich Red but it looks like Raggedy Ann Red to me. Eventually I will make a Molly Weasley, but I don't want one with pale grey skin. :) I'll try to get a picture of her tonight, clothed or not. Maybe I'll just wrap her in a handkerchief for modesty's sake.

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I look forward to pictures of the knitted doll :-) I've not considered knitting anything like that before, but I now have an idea to make a little goth doll :-) (probably the yarn name "Gothic" that did it!).

Sounds as if you had "fun" with the customer's scarf there!

I saw you have the first Discworld novel on your reading list :-) We both love TP's books, we have all the Discworld ones except the very latest, been collecting them for years. Taliesin, and the rest of that series, are also excellent, I read them some years ago.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home