.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Well...

I decided not to frog the Fan Stitch Shawl. Not because I'm so enamoured of it (although I still think it will look fine) but because I spent over an hour looking through patterns and couldn't find something that really struck me and fit the yarn I have. So I'll stick with what I have and if it comes out well but isn't quite me, I can set it aside for a future gift. No waste.

Molly got fringed last night. Late last night while watching the Men's Free Skate so I didn't have a chance to snap a picture of it. I also want to do a bit of steam-blocking on the lower edge (curl) before I take her picture. I'll edit this post and add it in. Would I make any changes on it? Hmm. Maybe put in some eyelets down the sides as well as front and back. Not every other row but maybe every fourth row. Just to give a little more room to lift the arms. Other than that, it's lovely.

So, work will continue on the shawl and I am working on a men's scarf in Encore for a customer. I've cast on and ripped it several times trying to get a stitch pattern that looks nice but I think I've finally hit on it- seed stitch panel down the center with stockinette on each side and a short fringe. It's being done in the round, so it will be double-thick and the fringe will hold the ends together with a seed stitch panel on each side. Simple but not boring.

And in good news, Blaze had a final trip to the vet's yesterday and received a clean bill of health. No more pills or visits until next year for his shots. He was quite pleased with that news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home