.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Waiting is the hardest part

I've done all my swatching and am just waiting for Friday to roll around. To keep me busy I'm revamping Sunset Garden as a square shawl. I've got the square pretty much figured out so I just need to find nice border and edging patterns to finish it up. I'm also going to buzz out a few Pygmy Puffs for some people. But those are really quick and won't take too much time.

Melissa, about your comment on the Fixation- The hardest part for me is the cast on. I tend to want to tug the stitches a bit too tight no matter what yarn I'm using. As for the knitting, I keep my bag at my feet and just make sure I have a bit of slack from the ball at all times. Other than moving from needle to needle, where I did tug hard to prevent laddering, I just pulled enough to gently snug the stitch to the needle. Once you get going it really isn't hard to maintain an even tension on the yarn. I did see someone who said that they liked the yarn a bit more stretched and they put the yarn over the back of their chair and pull it up that way. I guess it's a matter of choice on what you're making. I plan to make a few more pair of these mitts out of Fixation and have had the Broadripple Socks pattern for some time. One of these days I'll actually knit them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

thanks for your answer! good luck on the olympics!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home