.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day One

Hmm. I said I wouldn't be around much, didn't I? Well, a woman's right to change her mind and all that rot. :)


I got a fair amount of knitting done yesterday on both projects. Began the Molly Poncho at work at 2:00 and knit for about an hour and a half until I had to do my close-up and go home. The pattern is a snap to do and I'm loving the yarn. It knits up into an eclectic mix but the yarn coming up through my fingers reminds me of old-fashioned hard candy. You know, those sticks that have the swirls on them and come in all different flavors and colors? That and saltwater taffy. I get hungry every time I work with it. :) It really is a bit lighter and brighter but the flash washed it out too much.


I began the Fan Stitch Shawl during the Opening Ceremonies. I got the first 48 rows done, which sounds like a lot but there weren't that many stitches. It was the first two repeats of the pattern stitch, though, so that's something. And it sort of looks like a doll's shawl.

I can't begin to say how much I am loving working with the Lacey Lamb. It is soooo soft and squishy. It will be a beautiful shawl when it is done. The only thing is, I think it's going to take much less yarn than I originally thought because it is so thin. I may not even break into the second skein. That isn't a bad thing, of course, just that I had planned to use the whole thing for this shawl.

Hope everyone else had a good first day! I'm off to get some food and back to the needles.

2 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Looking good so far. The poncho yarn is very pretty :-)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

your shawl is going to turn out so pretty. i can't wait to see the finished project!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home