.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The countdown continues

Less than one week until the Olympics start. I really can't wait. And, if completing the Fan Stitch shawl wasn't enough I have added another project. A "Molly-inspired" poncho out of LB Landscapes in Autumn Trails. About a year or so ago I tried to make this into a two-piece poncho but didn't like the results. So I frogged the whole thing the other night and have two huge balls of yarn. I figure there are 10 1/2 skeins there; I had 11 but the ends had been trimmed after weaving so figure half a skein missing. Should be plenty to make a simple poncho, right?

Why am I doing this? Well, I really wanted to join Team Potter (I mean, how can I call my blog Molly's Needles and not knit for this team?) and I also wanted something that I could take on the run. I have some downtime at work right now but don't want to mess up the Fan Stitch or damage the lambswool. The poncho will be less of a thinking project that I can pick up and put down as needed.

I've cast on and knit most of the wrist for the second fingerless mitt. I'm hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow. I'll take a pic and post when it's done. I'm coming in way under on the yarn, too. I'll get the pair out of one ball of Fixation, which is nice. Probably something to do with that yarn although I'm knitting it pretty relaxed so I have maximum stretch when I put them on. Oh, and I did move up to the size 4 needles.

That's about it. Blaze continues to improve and protests taking his medicine, but I think I've convinced him that it is for his own good. Or he's just humoring me. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Wow, definitely an Olympic-sized challenge now! I saw Team Potter over at HP_Knitting and kind of wanted to join, but I'm doing "Enjoy The Process" so I can't :-)

Look forward to seeing the fingerless mitts. Glad Blaze is improving :-)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home