.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Coming down to the wire

No posts for a few days can only mean one thing right now- serious knitting on the shawl. With less than a week left I have 14 rows to go before starting the edging. The hope is to finish Wednesday night and start edging Thursday, when I'm off and can spend quite a bit of time getting it right.

Sorry for not having pictures but it really doesn't look like anything. I did try to take a picture but the black obscured everything. Even in person you can't tell much yet. I'll be sure to post a picture when I have it pinned out to block and in its final glory.

The Hufflepuff Quidditch Sweater is warming up in the bullpen and will be stepping up to the plate once the lace is done. Then it's back to more lace. I'm still trying to figure out just how I want the Sunset Garden Shawl to work so I want to start the Irish Diamond Shawl from Folk Shawls in Gossamer. I have 6 skeins of Leprechaun that should work. It should keep me busy, at least. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

It sounds like you're making good progress on the Olympic shawl :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished item, and also the Hufflepuff sweater! I have the yarn to make my own (well, apart from the black). I'm very interested in the final yardage tally :-)

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home