.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

And rounding the final turn!

I finished knitting the body of the shawl last night and, since it was still fairly early, I cast on and began the edging. It's really a simple one- 10 stitches, 4 rows, garter stitch. Not hard to remember. I did knit an extra row on the shawl so that "right sides" would match, although I have a feeling that once blocking occurs it won't be that noticable.

As of noon I have done 25 repeats. To cover the whole bottom edge I need 161 so there is still a long way to go but I will be going back to it soon and hope to have 100 repeats done by bedtime (no, I'm not doing much else today). That will leave 61 to divide between tomorrow evening and Saturday morning. I'd really like to do blocking Saturday. Better to think you have a bit of "fudge room", right? ;)

I've looked over several other competitors' sites and everyone is doing so well! There needs to be serious pic-spamming when we are all done. :D

Well, back to the grindstone. Only 300 rows to go, today!

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Best of luck with finishing!

I'm certainly looking forward to the picspam when everyone has completed their projects :-)

Many thanks for your good wishes too, much appreciated :-)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home