.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Knitting Olympics, anyone?

I was just reading Stephanie's blog and she has a great challenge for us all. Choose a project that would be a challenge for you to accomplish in 16 days. No casting on before the flame is lit and it must be completed by the time the flame is out.

I'm thinking this might be the perfect thing to use my Lacey Lamb for (2 skeins of black). I wanted to do a shawl but haven't quite found the pattern yet. This gives me 4 1/2 weeks to finish Stóra Dimun (which I should be able to do if I'm not working on 17 other things) and find a pattern. Or rather, pull one out of the several books I have.

Anyone else up for this? If so, head over to Yarn Harlot's site and leave a comment. She'll be putting a list of "competitors" together soon.

Speaking of Stóra Dimun, I got it cast on last night (so glad that's over!) and knit the first 8 rows. Now I get to start the decrease rows, which I'm hoping to do tonight. 14 of them before starting the lace pattern. This should go fairly quickly because it's garter stitch. For some reason I thought only the border was in garter but it seems that the whole thing is. Yay for minimal purling! ;) And, even though I only have an inch or so done, I can tell it will be so soft. Can't wait for it to be done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home