.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, January 30, 2006

It's wrist warmer time!

After finishing PiP I noticed that I had almost 2 skeins of yarn left. So I grabbed my size 10 double points and started fooling around with an idea. The result is a simple tube in K2P1 ribbing with a hole for the thumb. Nothing fancy but they will fit nicely under the sweater and at least I'll match. Coordination is everything. ;)

I also found a pattern for more sophisticated fingerless mittens. Dawn Adcock's Twin Rib Fingerless Mittens. She used worsted and size 4 needles. I really want to use the Fixation so I may go down to a size 3. She said the rib is very stretchy so it shouldn't be a big sizing problem. I hope to start them tonight.

And, no, I haven't forgotten about Sunset Garden. It's just that we are less than 2 weeks from the Olympics, when I will be feverishly working on the Fan Stitch Half-Circle Shawl and I thought it would be good to work on something simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home