.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I think I can

For some reason, the post-holiday season always brings a slowdown in knitting for me. Maybe it's because I was so feverish before the holidays to finish things that I need a slight decompression time. :) Whatever the reason, my needles haven't been moving too quickly lately.

My father is sending back the socks I made him. I was pretty sure that would be the case since I had to guess at the sizing. I told him what measurements I needed and he will include that in the package. Then I can rework the socks to the correct size.

The moderator of the LJ community "practicalknit" has issued a contest idea. To take less than 200 grams of yarn (no fun furs or the like) and create a practical item from it (hence the name of the community). No one else seems to have taken interest in it yet but I think I may try even if the contest doesn't fly. Since I have several orphan skeins of Cascade 220 around, they'd be perfect for this. I'd like to try a cowl that could be pulled up over the mouth and nose as well as scrunched around the neck. If the pattern works out well, I'll post it here. It should be a quick and easy thing to make.

2 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I wll check out the "practicalknit" LJ comm., the contst sounds interesting. I just made quite a large scarf using about 125g of Noro so I reckon under 200g should allow for some good variation.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Oooh. I bet it's gorgeous and very cozy.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home