.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, January 16, 2006

House Cleaning

It always feels good to clean things up, whether it's around the house or online, doesn't it? That's why I've decided to clean up my sidebar and update everything there.

Not a lot done, really. Just cleared the FO list (except the Pygmy Puff pattern because I may want to find it easily myself. :) And the Feed Your Brain list is cleared for books that I am reading this year. Let's hope it doesn't stay so pitifully short!

I've said I have the Stóra Dimun Shawl on the needles, but that's a bit of a stretch at the moment. I cast on last night. Four times. Maybe trying to cast 449 stitches of doubled laceweight on when you are tired or listening to Celebrity Fit Club (yes, I watched it. Sue me.) with all the numbers there isn't such a good idea. I'm going to try again tonight and see if I can get started. It will make a nice Springtime shawl.

As I said in my last post, I got a bit burned out from trying to get everything done before the holidays so I'm taking it much slower now. I may only have one or two projects going. And I'm going to try to get holiday stuff started this summer so I can do them at a more leisurely pace! We'll see if that resolution is kept.

2 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I understand the feelin of knitting burnout. I was stretched to do the items I'd promised as gifts, partly due to illness, and it does take the fun out of it a bit!
I don't envy you casting on over 400 stitches either :-) I'm plugging away on a simple 1x1 rib hat on small circs and it's slow going, I can knit rib a lot faster on stright needles!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I finally got cast on last night and my markers placed. I used my little clicker and every 10 stitches hit the clicker once. It was slow going but it got the count right.

Fortunately, this one is knit from the outside edge in, so I'll start doing decreases very soon and the number will become more manageable.

Oh, I've never been a fan of 1x1 ribbing anyway, and on small circs it does seem even worse. Best of luck to you on it!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home