.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Finished sweater!


So I had a serious knit-in this weekend and finished the Pretty in Pink sweater. It still needs to be blocked but I had to share.

It is tunic length since I thought to wear it out in cool weather and figure the more coverage, the better! So, it comes down to my fingertips when on. The back of the neckline also wraps around higher, which should be comfortable outside. It's a stockinette body with seed stitch for the trim, and as you can see, no real shaping. Just a basic knockabout weekender.

I still want a pair of wristwarmers and think I have the yarn to do it- a while ago I bought two skeins of Fixation in the colorway Lupins for some socks, but I never found a pattern I really liked. I'm betting they would make comfy warmers for indoor use knitting, reading or typing on the computer. I'll start them this week and let you know how it progresses.


Just in case you didn't have enough with the news of PiP, here is a shot of the Great Hunter stalking some prey.



And what is he hunting? The elusive Piggy.

4 Comments:

Blogger mickey said...

omg piggy!!!!!1 how cute!! ^^

8:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

nice cozy looking sweater you got there! i love the color.

10:37 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Oh bless, Piggy is so cute! So is Blaze of course ;-)

Love the sweater, great shade of pink. Thanks for the link to the fingerless glove pattern, have bookmarked it for future use! I've been wearing my wristers this week too, it's still freezing cold here!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Shelle said...

Very pretty - my favorite color! Come see the Molly Weasley sweater I crocheted www.crochetcabin.bravehost.com www.blogspot.com Queenie's Cabin

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home