.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Adaptation makes the world go 'round

Or something like that.

I started casting on for the Lacy Prairie Shawl and decided to take a baby step toward creating my own design. So, I'm still maintaining a garter stitch border with YOs up the sides but in the center I am doing a stockinette version of Shetland Leaves. This isn't a huge pattern but it's big enough that the varigations don't obscure it. I'm calling it Sunset Garden because it is a leaf pattern and the colors, although called Rose Garden, remind me of a sunset- yellows, oranges and rosy-reds.

This is the first time I've used this yarn and I really like it. It's nice and spongy but very soft. I'm not totally suprised by how much I like it since it's Merino and I am in love with that anyway.

I've been reading other blogs and it is great to see some of the projects people are planning on for the Olympics. It will be quite interesting to see everyone's items once this is all over. I think we should all get medals just for trying. :)

Being at work right now (shhh! don't tell!) I don't have my shawl with me but I think I may be able to finish the cowl. I'll work on the shawl tonight and hope to have a few repeats of the pattern done.

And, Melissa and Gina, thanks for the good wishes in the shawl. I'm really looking forward to seeing your items, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home