Because I know I'll forget to do this later (a mind is a terrible thing to waste!)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I don't think I'd say I was a yarn snob, but I do prefer natural fibers. It's easier to block a finished piece into submission. :) I have knit with acrylics and blends, although I'm not too fond of Red Heart. Lion Brand is nice.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I'm just beginning to learn to spin. I have a drop spindle that I play with and a wheel that will be set up as soon as I have a room finished to place it. I don't know how to crochet, although I really would like to learn. I just haven't been able to figure it out on my own yet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I don't think it's quite an allergy, but smoke bothers me a lot. I also have problems with mohair (stinks because I love the look of it!).
4. How long have you been knitting?
My grandmother and mother both taught me to knit when I was 5. I put it down while I was a teen/young adult, but dabbled a bit throughout my twenties. I've been hardcore for several years now.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon wishlist. It's under my first and last name (don't wish to put that up here for various reasons)
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love the scent of lilac, orange and one candle scent from Yankee Candle called "Festival of Lights". I don't know exactly what it is, but if you've ever smelled it, you'll know what I mean.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I don't really have a sweet tooth. I'm more of a salty-crunch gal.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'm an insatiable reader. Just about anything except war stories. And, although I would never admit it in public, I do enjoy a good romance once in a while; especially historical romances. I can't believe I just admitted that! I also do counted cross-stitch and work on my house.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to pretty much anything. I'm not really into country or rap, but I go from classical to pop (80s are fun) to showtunes and everything in between. I can play MP3s and have been making a few of my own now that I've figured it out. :)
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I love blues, but I have a lot of that in my wardrobe now. Colors that I tend to gravitate to are jewel tones- ruby red, emerald green, amethyst, sapphire, etc. I have rich tastes, but they also are colors that work best for me.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone and have one cat, Blaze, who is my baby. He's an orange tiger cat and pretty much rules the roost.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I want to travel. I love archaeology and would love someday to work at a dig. I also love to sing, so it would be incredible to visit some of the great European spots.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Recently, I've fallen in love with Cascade 220, but I love soft, plushy yarns. I am very much guided by touch. Rough or scratchy yarns, however beautiful they look, don't appeal. The softer the better.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Cheap acrylics. As I said, I have worked with some higher-end acrylics that were all right. I also do not like mohair. For the reason stated above.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
DK weight socks. I have almost no DK yarn and in colder weather I really would like to whip up heavier socks for warmth.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves are fun. I also love socks, hats and baby clothes.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I'm finishing a shawl for my mother out of Lana d'Oro, working up the Banff from Knitty in some bulky acrylic (it's a test to see if I want to knit it out of some better-wearing yarn) and just casting on for a HP PoA-style Slytherin scarf for a friend in Cascade 220.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I still haven't managed to do a decent poncho (my fault, not the patterns'), but I'd like to. Just haven't found the right one for me.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I have a few pair of straight needles, but I really love my circulars.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I usually use my Denise, but I also have bamboo. Don't really like the plastic needles and I haven't used aluminum enough to know how I would like them. So I guess bamboo.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yup. Been bitten by the bug. Always on the lookout for more lovely sock yarn.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me and then I went to my mother, because we were both left-handed. She showed me an "easier" way for me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Not too old. I tend to finish things. I have some merino that I wanted to do as a throw. But I kept changing my mind on the pattern as I was working it. It's been sitting, waiting to be raveled and something else done with it since June.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I have a couple. I love Dr. Seuss, so probably the Grinch or the Cat. Also, Donald Duck. And, for the girly side of me, Aurora from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Favorite animal? Dolphins and dragons.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween. Hands down. :)
26. Is there anything that you collect?
I have a collection of Harry Potter things, not much, but a few. I also collect china teacups and saucers. I have some pretty ones, which is the point. Some cost $5 and others were more expensive. As long as they are pretty, I like them. I also use them, because I figure things like that are meant to be used, and it's a shame to leave them gathering dust in a cabinet.