.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy Holidays

Here's hoping everyone has had/is having a wonderful holiday, whichever you may celebrate!

The frantic pace of finishing gifts in time for Christmas is past. Everything was delivered and appreciated. Best of all, almost everything fit! A little trouble with my dad's socks, but I blame that on the fact that I had to guess a bit on sizing, since I couldn't ask him about it, right? Anyway, he's sending them back with his measurements so I can rework them correctly.

I made a bunch of hats for various people this year. All from the book "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"- the Kim's Hat pattern. It's very adaptable and really looks great. I may use some bits of yarn and make myself one in a bunch of fun and funky stripes.

Now that the hols are over I'll be settling down to some no-stress knitting. I may do up a few more hats and such to tuck away against next year, break out some of my lace yarn for shawls and figure out what to do with the gorgeous handspun I got from my mother. It's a soft turquoise tweed that she got in Ireland from a local couple living in the Dingle (which is the area my mother's family is from). That's in County Kerry, in case any of you are curious. :) I'm not sure what I have for yardage, as there are no tags, but I e-mailed the shopkeeper and am hoping for some information. My mother said she was told that 2 skeins would make a sweater. There were only 3 in the colorway left, so she grabbed all of them. That much yarn leads to a great many possibilities and I will certainly wait until I have found the right project for it.

Here's to a wonderful New Year for you all. May your needles be busy and your projects keep you happy and warm!

1 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Isn't it great when knitted gifts are well received :-)

The Irish tweed yarn sounds amazing, look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year :-)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home