.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is...

...Quidditch sweater sleeves.

I finished the body last night and picked up for the sleeves. Since I ended up adding an inch to the body, I had a few extra stitches picked up, but they were easily disposed of in the first round of ribbing. I have a couple inches done on the first one and think they should go quickly. After all, it only starts with 100 stitches and rapidly decreases to 48. How long can that take to knit? And once the first sleeve is done, the second will go more easily, because I can count the rows until the black stripe starts, rather than try to line it up with the body. And have I mentioned that that prospect is making me a bit nervous?

The only "glitch" I see with the sweater is that the front and back ribs don't line up. Apparently I should have counted out two more stitches to shift it over a bit. When I did the shoulder seams, the knit from the back fell even with the purls from the front. Oh well. I doubt it will be that big a deal when I'm wearing it. I still will love it.

I was thinking about getting some black fingerless gloves to go with it, and someone in LJ's Weasleysweater community suggested gauntlets instead. I have some black Nature Spun that I think will work nicely, and I'll get more use out of the fingerless mitts, too. They shouldn't take too long, either- a couple of nights in front of the TV.

As soon as the sleeve is a bit longer (and more visible) I'll throw the sweater onto Michelle (my dressform) and take a picture.

1 Comments:

Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Erin,
Hope you are feeling OK. We haven't heard from you in awhile! Hopefully it's just the business of life that's keeping you away!

Shannon

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home