.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Sometimes I wonder about myself

As I said, I finished up the back of my Quidditch sweater the other day. Something didn't seem quite right, but I put it down to being tired. Now, in working on the front, I find that when I divided for the front and back, I somehow slipped an extra 6 stitches to the front section. Yeah, still don't know how that happened. Yup. I should have had 124 stitches on each side, but I had 118 in the back and there are 130 in the front. I really don't want to rip the back all the way down and work it again, so I figure I'll just adjust the neck stitches. Ah well. I wanted it to start a bit lower so I could work the color-band in anyway.

The other thing I'm getting a bit nervous about is that I am going to be close on the yellow yarn. I ordered 1100 yards of Honey and 440 yards of Coal (Knit Picks DK Merino Style) and it will be close. Not on the black; I've got plenty of that!

To distract myself from this mess, I have been working on the Holiday List. I have 2 items done, one almost done and the rest lined up. Not too bad. :)

I've also cast on for my re-made pink tweed sweater. I'm using my own oversized raglan design. It's knit in the round, because I hate seaming! and has seed stitch for the bottom and cuffs. I haven't decided yet if I'll continue that on the neckline as well. Probably will, to keep it all uniform. The body is in stockinette. I'm about half-way to the armholes. That's the nice thing about bulky yarn. It doesn't take much to get your fabric made up.

2 Comments:

Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Erin,
What's your lot number on the Honey?
I overordered on the yarn for my Huffle scarf and I would be glad to give you a skein or two if it helps.

8:37 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I hope your yarn works out OK on the Quid-sweater. I have a similar worry on my Huffle scarf, but with that it doesn't rally matter if it is missing one set of trapped bars!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home