.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Comment spam

I've been hit by a bunch of robots lately, so I'm adding a word verification to my blog. It's a bit of pain, I know, but I'd rather know that when I see a comment has been left, it's by someone that actually reads and has something to say and not a random advertisment for goodness knows what.

Just thought I'd let you know! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger mz said...

Yep, those spammers have been busy. I too am going for the verification plan. Let's hope it works.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Impossible Princess said...

i get them too, I found your site thru my HP knitalong. someone posted your link on it so I thought I would invie you to join...

www.castaspell.blogspot.com

2:00 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I just did the word verification thing too... the spam comments were making me nuts... hope it works for you.

2:28 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Good idea using the word verification. I don't *think* my blog has been spammed, got a couple of comments which looked like someone just advertising their own blog ... but I'd rather nip it in the bud! We get enough darned spam in our email!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home