.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Yay!

I got my new drop spindle in the mail yesterday! It's a Mini Rosa top whorl in tulipwood-cocobola that I ordered from Halcyon Yarn. It's so cute and spins so quickly. And what does this mean? Well, now I can start working on the fleece my dad gave me of the baby alpaca he had sheared this past spring! Woohoo! There isn't much because she was only a week old, but what is there is so soft. I'm hoping to get some fingering weight (or reasonable facimile) singles to make a stole or small shawl.

I also heard from my sock pal, so I'll be starting her socks this weekend. I have the yarn, I just need to find the right stitch pattern. Got a few ideas banging around in my head; I have to swatch to see which looks the best.

And I'm about half-way done on the Lana d'Oro shawl. I think. The original in the book was knit on size 8 needles and ended with 275 stitches across the top. I'm working on size 11 so my shawl is much drapier and more open, so I don't know if I want to go quite that large. I've got 115 stitches on the needle right now and have just started my third skein. I've got 10 skeins, so that's no problem. I'm still not sure how open I am going to block it, either. I guess this one is going to be a designed-on-the-fly shawl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home