.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Woohoo!

As I said yesterday, my Knit Picks order was waiting for me when I got home. Inside were 6 skeins each of Trail and Rose Garden and 3 skeins of Leprechaun, all in the new lace yarn, Gossamer. *wriggles in excitement* I can't wait to start working with them.

Also included was my color card for Palette. While I like most of the colors and would consider using them for a shawl or other large item, some are rather bright and should probably only be used in small doses or for smaller items, like gloves or mittens. On the whole I would say that the lightest colors were truest to the catalog. As you move into the darker colors (reds, yellows, blues, etc.) the actual yarns are slightly lighter and much brighter than the images suggest. In the neutrals, the nutmeg is a bit more pinkish than the picture and the cream is much less yellow. In fact, I'd term it to be more like a "winter white". But that's just my opinion.

One thing to note: in the catalog, the colors Fawn and Bark are listed under the wrong pictures. Just reverse them. My suggestion if you wanted to purchase any of these yarns for a significant project? Add the color card to your next order. Much better to spend $1.50 and know what you will be getting than to find out the 8 skeins you just received are the wrong shade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home