.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Shawls, shawls everywhere!

Cat's Paw has been blocked and I will take a picture of it tonight when I get home. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. As you may know from earlier posts, this was intended for wear at my cousin's wedding down at the beach. However, after reading about Give A Little, I decided it would be better served there. So I offered it as a donation and Margene and Susan have graciously accepted. Again, I can't say how much we all appreciate what you ladies are doing to organize this. You rock hand-knit socks! :D

In the meantime, I still need a shawl for the wedding. Since I am short on lightweight yarns right now (and don't have the patience to order something) I went stash-diving. Lo and behold, I rediscovered 10 skeins of Lana d'Oro in a gorgeous royal purple-heathery color. Well, you all know how soft that yarn is, right? So I'm thinking a simple triangular shawl with garter edges. I just have to settle on the lace pattern for the center. I was going to do a 3x3 leaf or St. John's Wort, but neither are open enough to show against the dark color. Maybe a Butterfly? If anyone has an idea, please offer. :)

Last night I went to a friend's house for scrapbooking. At least, they cropped while I swatched the Lana d'Oro. And I brought Cat's Paw to show off. Everyone ooh'd and ahh'd over it and I had to keep a close eye to make sure it would end up going back home with me! It's always so nice to see your work appreciated, isn't it?

One last thing: I just have to put this link up where it will be seen and not hidden in the comments area. Jennifer made these for her brother's birthday recently. The box is from a pet store to carry hamsters home. She turned it inside out and created the Weasley label. She used the pattern I posted a while back, but I have to say that I love the google eyes much better than the variations I've used. I may have to steal that, Jennifer! Anyway, they look like a happy family of Puffs, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home