.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel

I think I've got it figured out. How to get the finished size on my shawl, that is. I want a finished width of 72 inches across the top. I'm knitting at 3.5 st/inch and will block out to 2.5/inch. Therefore, I need a total of 181 stitches on the needles when I bind off (the pattern has an odd number of stitches, so I'm rounding up slightly). I've got 145 now, so that means a total of 36 rows remaining (two stitches increased every other row). If anyone wants to check my math on this, feel free. :)

I'm just into my fourth skein of yarn here (110 yds/skein), and not sure what the final total will be. But I have a feeling I'll have yarn left over. Maybe that will end up becoming a lacy scarf or something as an as yet to be determined holiday gift for someone on my list. I've got a few blank spots left to fill in.

Just had to say that I was happy with where I am. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home