.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The joys of stash-diving

I've been preparing for holiday gift time, since it will be a handmade year. I am putting myself on a serious yarn diet, which means if it isn't in stash, it won't be knit right now.

That being said, I met my father's companion the other day. She's a lovely lady that I hope to see more of. Naturally, this means another item added on. The fatherly one said she likes softer colors. Yippee! Erin produces 7 skeins of Patons Decor in a light periwinkle color (left over from doing the Blanket from Hell, aka the Big Bad Baby Blanket last year). I'm thinking scarf. So now I just have to find a pattern for it.

Speaking of blankets, I've finally decided what to do about the young child's blanket made out of LB Jiffy. I'm going to do 7" squares in garter stitch and patchwork them together. I've done a couple and like the way the colors work.

Other than that, I am still working on the Lana d'Oro shawl (close to done) and will then be starting on the holiday list. If I don't come up for air in a week or so, someone please come rescue me! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home