.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I told you she would look better!

I did look for a live model to show off the shawl, but everyone I asked wanted to keep it for themselves! So I enlisted the help of the dining room table instead.




It's amazing what a soak and drying time will do. The finished shawl is slightly smaller than anticipated, coming in at 43" square, but still ample enough to wrap around the shoulders. I modeled it for several people and had no trouble keeping it on.

I have my purple shawl to do right now, but I will definitely be working this pattern again to have a version for myself.

Speaking of the purple shawl, I couldn't find a lace that I liked with the yarn, so I decided to let it speak for itself. I grabbed a set of US11 and am going to do the Simple Garter Stitch Prairie Shawl from Folk Shawls. At that size, it should knit up in no time at all and will block out nice and open. Then I can move on to my next project, which involves the lace yarns I ordered from Knit Picks (and that arrived today!). But that's a post unto itself. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home