.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Finished with the Cat's Paw center!

What I thought was an error last night wasn't. It was just me being tired. I am finally done with the Narrow Cat's Paw pattern that makes up the center of my shawl. I love the stitch, but I am ready for something different.


I have one more row of the transition area (the stockinette stitches right near the cable), then I'll be moving into the Old Shale, which is the border and edge of the shawl.

I'm making this out of Knit Pick's Palette in Mist (and by the way, I just got word that my order has shipped of the lace yarns I wanted, as well as a color card for the Palette. I'll post on how I think the colors compare to monitors and the catalog once they arrive- probably a week or so.), and am not quite halfway through my second skein. I have a feeling this will be another case of not needing as much yarn as she said in the book. Not a problem, as I like the yarn and can think of things to do with any extra skeins.

When not working on this, I've been pondering my first shawl design. I know the stitch pattern I want- Snowdrops- and have narrowed the border patterns down to a few. Originally, I had thought to do a triangular shawl, but I really love square shawls. There's something about being able to wrap up in them that I prefer. So I think I'll do a square shawl with the snowdrop in the center transitioning to either fir cones or something similar, and then a simple shale pattern for the outside. I need to pick up some sharper-pointed needles, as mine do not have near enough bite to get into the stitches.

But, as I said in the last post, once this is done (and well before the wedding, too!) I will be heading back to Hogwarts to finish my poor Quidditch sweater. Oh, and the Ravenclaw scarf. I'm afraid that has been languishing, too. Good thing it is still far too warm to worry about wearing it! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home