.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Bye-bye, Banff

So last year I attempted to knit Banff from Knitty (sorry, to lazy to look up the link right now. My bad.), but I had major issues with the pattern. I ran seriously short on the yardage, problems with gauge, etc. In short, everything was saying I shouldn't knit this sweater. So it was stuffed in the "don't look at the unfinished work" pile and temporarily forgotten.

I really love the yarn, though, which is Cascade's Bulky Tweed in the Hot Pink, so I think I may frog it and do something simple with it. Like a basic pullover or cardi. Nothing fancy, because, really. When you are wearing hot pink, you don't need fancy. :)

This is also a response to my need for Autumnal items. I pulled my Hourglass Pullover out the other day in preparation of cooler weather and thought that I'd like another in a different yarn. Maybe a varigated (Wendy's version she's doing in Alchemy is gorgeous, but I just can't afford that!) or something a bit more fun. With all the new yarns coming out right now, I'm sure I can find something I like.

In the meantime, I'm still working on the holiday list, my sock pal's socks (really liking how these are coming. Hope she does, too!), and planning to block the Simple Garter Stitch Shawl this weekend. Pictures of that will be forthcoming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous margene said...

I love the Hourglass sweater, too. It does look great varigated. Thanks for the comment today.

1:03 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I'm looking forward to photos of the garter stitch shawl after blocking. The purple is a lovely rich shade :-)

Wish me luck on attempting my first lace-type knitting on holiday - a "lacy net" scarf which will be a Christmas gift - eek! Thanks for your good wishes too - thankfully I'm feeling a lot better now!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home