.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

You've gotta be kidding me!

Well, by now I am sure that everyone has seen the picture of Cho and her scarf. I'm just glad that I had put my Huffle scarf down for a bit because of the heat. Looks like we'll all be looking for some thinner yarn and smaller needles. Maybe I won't have the scarf for the movie. At least I have my Dumbledore scarf (which I will not rip out and knit flat!) and should have the Quidditch sweater and socks. Now, what do I do with all the worsted yarn I originally bought for the PoA scarf? Anyone want some nice, cozy Huffle socks to wear around the house?

Still having some doubts about the Quidditch sweater. Not the pattern; I am virtually positive on the color placement. I'm a bit nervous that the all over rib will pull in too much. It's supposed to be fairly roomy. I'd redo the numbers for an oversized fit, but I'm not sure if I have enough of the yellow. Right now I'm looking at 1394 yards total and I have 1230 yards of yellow. Since there are the wide black stripes, I have no concerns, but increasing the size might push me over the edge. Maybe I can see if Knit Picks has a few more skeins in that dyelot. *crosses fingers.

It's funny to see how the Pygmy Puffs are everywhere. I'm even getting people coming to my LJ because of it. :D I just got a bunch more Plush yarn in different colors and am working up a bunch- both for myself and for friends. Hopefully it will be a nice suprise for them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous spellingwitch said...

I'm even getting people coming to my LJ because of it. :D

*waves!* :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Did you get my email? I love the pygmy puffs...in purple of course *hint* hehehehe

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anne said...

Hehe... it's cool people come to your journal because of the pygmy puffs. I linked you, btw, in my normal blog and in here: http://www.studiesusa.com/?modus=BloggingPics

I guess you have more visitors than my website but perhaps you'll get a couple more visitors anyway :)

*hugs*

5:14 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

I almost choked when I saw that scarf close up! I'm almost halfway done with my POA scarf!!

I decided not to change it. I like the fact that the atypically.knit pattern is close enough that none of us questioned it, and for right now - for me at least ;P - that's enough. :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Slytherin said...

by any chance do you remember where you got the idea for the Dumbledore scarf? I remember seeing patterns a long time ago...but I can't find anything but your blog now...hope you can help me...

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home