.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What have I gotten myself into?

After a very sedentary winter and spring, I am in the process of trying to shed the extra bit of weight I somehow managed to accumulate. As an incentive, I promised I would get myself a lovely shawl pattern I discovered at Four Seasons Knitting Products when I had lost 10 pounds. I did, and the whole thing arrived at my door yesterday.

It's absolutely gorgeous, as I had expected. And the yarn is really something. I have only heard of cobweb yarn before, but hadn't seen it. Like the picture, I decided to get black because I think every woman should have a black shawl. I think it will be a challenge, but not insurmountable. The main thing is in deciphering the British abbreviations. Oh, and remembering the sizing differences, too! I caught myself by looking at the metric size or I would have started with US 9 instead of US5!

I won't be able to start it right away because my size 5 is currently in use on the Os and Vs shawl. I want to make some copies of the pattern as well for scratch use. But I plan to cast on for this in September or early October and think it will make a lovely Fall Knitting Project. With luck, I may have it done in time for the holidays, although it really won't be feasible to wear until warmer weather comes around again. So there is no real rush on it; I can happily work all winter if I choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home