.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Slow progress, but progress just the same

I got a few inches done on the Quidditch sweater. It doesn't zip along because of the ribbing, but it's perfect TV knitting. I'm also planning to figure out my knitting machine over the weekend and will use that for making the PoA/GoF Hufflepuff scarf. And any other of that style that might come up in the future.

As for the PS Ravenclaw scarf, I wasn't thrilled with the color combination. I like the China Blue and Bev's Bear together but not for this. So I ripped it out and ordered some Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks that seem a bit more appropriate. Sorry, Anne!

As for the Nature Spun, it will not be abandoned. My mother and stepfather specifically requested earflap hats for the hols. It seems that they have one hat and spent the winter ripping it off each other's heads. Sigh. So I found a pattern off the Lion Brand site that is fairly easy and will make a few up in each color. Then I'll chart some simple designs out and duplicate stitch them onto the head and earflaps. Easy-peasy.

I wish everyone's gift ideas were that easy to solve!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anne said...

What do you do with all the wool that you don't use in the end? It seems like you're ordering wool 24/7... :) And you mean you have to start over on my scarf? Hmmmm... you really shouldn't put that much time and wool into my scarf. Really! I'm not that important.

Yay for making progress on the Quidditch Sweater, though. Make sure to post pictures when you're done :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Most of the time there are just short ends and scraps of wool left over. I've been stockpiling them and I use bits for heels and toes of socks or other decorative bits on things.

Don't you worry about the scarf. Like I said, this yarn won't go to waste. I can make several hats that will go to my mom and Roger, as well as a few for me. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Erin,

To answer the question that you left on my blog today...

The Butterfly pattern came from Rowan magazine #37. It even has a shorter tunic length version too for those that don't want venture into knitted dress land!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home