.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ready for my close-up!


Here is a close-up of the Os and Vs shawl. I hung it in my window so the light came through. The aggressive blocking I did made it look a bit more like a medallion than a bobble, but I really do like the overall look.

I blocked it out to 46" in diameter and when I took it up from the pinning it shrank back about an inch, so it is really 45" across. In looking through the book there were several suggestions on how to wear shawls, one being called a "Long Revers Drape". You take the top 1/4 and fold it down to form a collar. I tried it and because it wasn't cut in half it actually makes for a longer wrap on the arms. It came down almost to my wrists. So it will still give her good coverage as a light shawl. Now I just need to see if I can find a nice shawl pin to go with it and it will be perfect. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anne said...

Wow! It looks awesome :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks! :) I hope she likes it.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

That is really beautiful! Great job!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home