.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oops

So we had rain all day yesterday and I brought Cat's Paw to work with me. I did make a mistake in one of the rounds (added a yarn over where I shouldn't have) but it was on the edge where a new repeat was starting, and I did get it straightened out, so I don't think it will be all that noticible. Besides, this will be a large square shawl, so there's a good chance it will be in a fold.

Anyway, I sat down last night and started the new rep of the pattern (it's only 6 rows) and something seemed off. So I decided to skip it and leave it at home today. I'll try to figure out if I am off on the pattern or was just tired.

In the meantime, I need something to keep me busy so I brought my graph paper and pattern book and am going to see if I can sketch out some snowdrop lace for my winter shawl. I'm pretty sure I know how to do this, I just need to swatch the pattern and see if it can be done in garter or must be in stockinette. I think probably stockinette.

Oh, and it looks like I might be going to NYC for the premiere of GoF in early November. That means I'll have to get the Hufflepuff Quidditch sweater finished for that. I was hoping to go to The Witching Hour in Salem in October, but I don't think I can afford to do both. Maybe I'll do that next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Oh, lucky lucky! Enjoy the premiere! I don't know if you regularly check out any of the HP websites, but the guys from Mugglenet and Melissa from The Leaky Cauldron are going to be at the NYC premire also. They are doing a podcast from there. How exciting!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I do check them out from time to time. Maybe they'll think I look really cool and want to interview me. ;)

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home