.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm surrounded by enablers

This is why I have to take a break every few days. Otherwise I'd spend all my money on yarn and Blaze and I would go hungry and barefoot! Funny, it used to be books....

Wendy is always tempting with the things she knits or yarns she displays. However, my Yankee frugality (or whatever you want to call it) saves me there. Most of the time. Some of those lace yarns are just too yummy.

Now, thanks to Melissa I need to hunt down Rowan #37. I've been looking at her progress on Butterfly and it looks too gorgeous to pass up. Naturally, this would be a future project, but I don't want to risk not being able to find the magazine. If anyone has a spare copy, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to buy it off you. *puppy dog pout*

I got a bit more done on the Quidditch sweater- about 5 inches. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but it is in the round and DK yarn. Also the ribbing goes slower than straight knit. Okay. Did I justify things enough?

I also got some work done on Os and Vs. I think we're up to 450 stitches or so now, so each round takes a little time to get done. Thank goodness it's a pretty simple pattern. I really think I would like one for myself in another color at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home