.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hufflepuff Quidditch


It's a sweater bottom!

Actually, I'm pleased at how quickly this worked up. And by doing it in the round, I'm already more than halfway there. Now I will continue working the back to shoulder-length, do the same with the front. At that time, the shoulders are joined with a three-needle bind off. Although depending on my mood, I might do a Kitchener stitch and make it wholly seamless.

Then all I have to do is pick up stitches for the striped neck and the sleeves. The only finishing will be to weave in the tails where the color changes are (in continuous blocks, I use the splice method for joining new skeins).

The color is really much lighter and less gold than this shows. I took it last night and really should get a shot in natural light for accurate color. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anne said...

Looks good! :D You're such a great knitter.

11:09 AM  
Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Oh Erin, You are so talented!

I've recently been sorted into Hufflepuff on my favorite forum, so now I'm on the lookout for some Huffle ideas. Go Badgers!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Aww, thanks ladies! This really went fast once I got the numbers down. And it's fun to knit! If I weren't such a dedicated Huffle, I'd make one for myself in all the colors. :)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home