.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Done. On to the next one.

First of all, thanks so much to Wendy for answering my question yesterday in her blog. I've knit the extra rounds and it is awaiting blocking. Since my Blaze isn't as respectful of on-the-floor knitting as her Lucy is I think I'll wait until Friday when I am at home to supervise.

The yarn for my shawl arrived Monday and I have decided to hold off on starting the Cobweb Shawl for a few reasons. First, by the time I finish it it will really be too late in the season to wear it, so I think it will make a nice winter project once my holiday knits are done. Second, my cousin is getting married October 1st down on the beach and I think that even if it's a beautiful day I will want something over my shoulders. Now the decision is to make another Os and Vs or to do the lovely Cat's Paw Square Shawl from the same book. I'm leaning toward that because I do love square shawls. I hope to start that today. The yarn is from Knit Picks new line, Palette and is called Mist; it's a very light, soft grey. With a jewel-tone dress, either blue or green, I think it will look very nice.

3 Comments:

Blogger impromptu-mom said...

Oh, how do you like the 'Palatte"?
I've been so tempted to buy the sampler kit. All of those beautiful colors! I'm sure if I had them lying around, I'd get inspired to do something.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I like it. It isn't quite as soft as the Nature Spun was, but for the price you can't beat it! Plus, the swatch I did softened up considerably after washing. Thank goodness for Suave conditioner. It's a lifesaver both for me and my wool! ;)

7:42 PM  
Blogger impromptu-mom said...

lol! I love Suave Conditioner! I have really long hair and it uses a lot of product. Suave is so cheap that I don't mind using it by the handful!

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home