.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Bitten by the lace bug

I'm currently working at my Cat's Paw Square Shawl, and the J&S Cobweb Shawl is waiting in the wings. But there is just too much gorgeous yarn out there begging to be done up as shawls. And I think I'd like to try varigated yarns next.

I'm also thinking of trying something that mirrors the different seasons (that would be Wendy's fault because of her Woodland Shawl and Spring Flowers!) so I just purchased some of Knit Pick's lace yarn, Gossamer in three different colorways: Trail, Leprechaun and Rose Garden. I already have some Shimmer in Morning Mist, which I can use for a "winter variation". My thought is to do either triangular or rectangular shawls with a motif that echos each season. We'll see how well it all works once I have the yarn!

I think that 5 shawls waiting on deck is enough for right now, so I am not looking any further. My poor brain can't process that much planning!

Oh, and I also found a pattern for some men's fingerless gloves that I plan to adapt to convertible mittens for my father. I have a ton of yarn from his alpacas that I haven't found a use for yet. I think these will be a good thing to break it out for. How cute! mittens knitted from his own animals. :)

Man, I'm such a dork sometimes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home