.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Molly's Needles

My adventures in knitting... and a few other things thrown in for fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

I got back into knitting because of the Harry Potter scarves and sweaters. Although I knit other items, replicating HP-wear remains my first love.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tobey's New Clothes

I made a quick cozy for Tobey the other night. Problem was, I was lazy and didn't swatch or measure him thoroughly enough and it's a bit large. The cutout for the display window worked out well, but since I mostly use him when I go walking, I don't normally look at the window. So I think the next one will just be a closed sleeve that fits a bit more snuggly. I can get the trapped bars a bit further apart, too, so they look more balanced.

I'm still waiting on the yarn for both the Hufflepuff PoA scarf and my Dumbledore scarf. In the meantime, I've been working on Os and Vs, who is growing steadily. I also forgot about the cross-stitched throw I wanted to make. I got a book of HP designs and had some Anne cloth that was already fringed. It'll be about crib-size, so I may hang it on the wall, instead. Anyway, I charted out several designs for the squares. The four House banners are in the corners, Hogwarts' crest in the center and owls, rats, books, wands, etc. in various other squares. Maybe I should work on that, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home